Monday, June 17, 2013

New Front Porch

One day I was planning on going to a Relief Society Activity on a Saturday morning. David called his dad and asked if he wanted him to come over with the boys and help with any projects. His dad said he would come over here instead and help him get started on a project here. I thought they were going to cover under the balcony so we can get to the garage without getting wet. When I got home they had a whole bunch of wood and were just putting up some posts on the ground. They decided to start by building a front deck (which we had actually talked about doing later). They worked late into the evening that night, then again on Monday and Tuesday. They had most of it done in those three days and then David (with a little help from me and a little help from Thomas), finished it up. It includes stairs to the garage, stairs to the sidewalk, a bench, and trellis underneath the front. It is complete except for being painted which will maybe come someday. I love it and so do the kids. Our swing is more accessible now and there is often a child in it. Thanks, David!







No comments:

Post a Comment