This is our second year to do a garden. Last year we had very little success, but we figured some things out and this year has been much better. We are doing the square foot gardening method where you section off square feet and then plant a different thing in each square. We built boxes for our garden and put it on our deck. We made our own soil (Mel's mix). We have also been composting since last year and got to use our own homemade compost on the garden this year. We have harvested lots of cherry tomatoes, lettuce, spinach (which made good spinach dip), a little bit of broccoli, lots of snap peas, some carrots (more to come), and we have at least 8 good bell peppers growing. It is too hot to get any more tomatoes right now, but we hope they will produce when (or should I say if) it cools down. I have discovered I love gardening.
What an awesome garden!
ReplyDelete