Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fun with Family

I turned the big 29 this year. David made dinner and a cake. His family came over and we had a good time. I got two board books in Spanish and a piano!

Here is my new piano. It is not actually very new, but I really like it. Thomas loves to play the piano with mommy (and by himself too). I don't really know how to play, but I want to learn and I definitely want my children to learn.

Josh and Leila came to visit us the week after my birthday, and we had lots of fun! Thomas liked playing with his cousin (although sometimes he treated her like she was a doll). We went to the water park, walked the river bridge at sunset (which was very pretty), had a morning picnic at Pinnacle Mountain, went to the Peabody and saw the ducks, and went to Central High. We had a great visit. I am happy Thomas has so many cousins his age.

The next week David had youth conference up in Fayetteville. He is in the stake young men's presidency and had to go up on Wednesday afternoon. I decided I didn't want to be here by myself the rest of the week and so I went up with him. We both ended up taking kids up in our cars (David borrowed his parents' van), and then I went to Cynthia's house. Thomas loved being there. He enjoyed playing the keyboard with his cousins, playing outside in their backyard, and sweeping the floor. We also had fun at the pool and the park. Thomas and Elsa became good buddies. Yesterday, we brought Isaac back with us for his stay at grandma's house and had dinner with Becca (who just got home from Rexburg) and the rest of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment