Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pears 2013

Heidi loves pears.  Every time the fridge was open she would run over and grab at least one pear. She was carrying a pear around most of the summer.

As you can see she ate all of the pear.  Sometimes we could only find the stem. She didn't like them nearly as well if I cut them up and cored them.

Pear leather, a.k.a. astronaut food (explanation below).

I tried a fresh pear pie.  It was really good.  It tasted a lot like an apple pie.

I dry the pear sauce on non-stick aluminum foil and then cut and roll it up like this.  When David saw it he said it looked like astronaut food and the name stuck.  Now whenever Thomas wants some he asks for astronaut food.
I also made two double batches of pear jam and a huge batch of pear sauce, which I bottled.  Oh, and I almost forgot I cut some in half and cored them and froze them to put into smoothies. It was a good year.  It was a lot of work, but now I have lots of pear stuff to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment