Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thomas's Third Birthday

Thomas turns three today and An'mere turns 83. We celebrated their birthdays yesterday and had a good time.  An'mere, Aunt Jane, Grandma and Grandpa Nance, Robert and his girlfriend Jess came over.   We had tacos and watermelon at Thomas's request.  Thomas helped make the cake and decorate the house.  He's been talking about his birthday for weeks, so he was really excited!
Thomas kept telling me he wanted a green cake and I knew that he was getting a backhoe for his birthday so I came up with this idea with a little help from Google Images. He really liked it, but he wanted to play with the scooper once it was on the cake, so.... 

this was our solution. He played with the extra crumbs using his other construction equipment and he tried to decorate a piece of the extra cake. I had half of a chocolate cake frozen (from when I messed one up I was going to do for an auction) and so we used that for the "dirt" to make the 3 on the cake. 

It took a few tries, but Thomas was able to blow out his candles this year. Here you can also see the 8 on the graham cracker that David made for An'mere, so it could be an 83 for her. My husband is very creative. 

Thomas got an airplane for Christmas that he just loved, but then it got lost. I told him he could ask for a new one for his birthday. It's a good thing we remembered to get it! 

His most exciting present by far was the big backhoe that Grandma and Grandpa Nance got him. He loved playing with it. He wanted to get it right next to the sandbox so he could scoop the sand. 

He also found out you can put other things in the scooper. Stuart loved Thomas's present as well and Thomas was good about sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment