My mom came and visited a couple of weeks ago. It was great to just spend time with her. The boys loved to be with their grandma. We took her to the zoo and the park. She helped me start potty training Thomas and we worked on a secret project. I love my mom!
Our computer crashed right before mom came. Luckily, we were able to borrow David's parents' computer until we could get it fixed or get a new one. Well, it was really dead and we finally got a new one on Friday. We just got a new tower since everything else was working fine. Luckily, the hard drive was okay.
David has also been very busy. This will be his third weekend in a row camping. He goes to scouts on Wednesdays, CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) on Thursdays, and always seems to have something on Saturday. We're getting used to not having daddy home every night (we have been very spoiled in the past). His first scout campout with the boys is this weekend. (He went to a training campout a couple of weeks ago.)
We went camping last weekend with Cynthia and her family. It was fun! It was a cold night and Stuart didn't sleep very well which means I didn't sleep much at all. I kept thinking of the Rascal Flatts song "Praying for Daylight" because that's what I was doing. The campground was right by the lake and there was a fun playground nearby. The cousins just loved being together. Cynthia's kids had been in Little Rock the whole week before and Thomas asked to play with them everyday. He is missing them this week.
Thomas is really growing up. He is potty trained, except at night. He was very easy. He only had a couple of accidents. (Add another one to that while I was writing this.) We also moved him to a toddler bed. He was super excited at first. Then he started falling out of bed and was scared. David put one side of the bed against the wall and put a body pillow on the other side and we haven't had any problems since. He just stays in the little space there is left for him to lay down.
I tried to give Thomas a haircut the other day. It wasn't looking so good, so I decided to buzz it off. I found the longest attachment for the clippers and went for it. It looks pretty cute, but he looks more grown up to me because he doesn't have his baby hair anymore.
Stuart is growing up, too. He isn't walking yet. He cruises around everything and loves to push all the toys around. He can stand by himself for a few seconds, but then realizes it and drops to the ground. He is a great climber. He gets on the little table, climbs out of the bath, climbs to the top of Thomas's stool, and we even found him almost at the top of our stairs the other day (which scared me half to death and reminded me I need to ALWAYS close the baby gate, not just sometimes).
No comments:
Post a Comment