
Thomas turned two on May 20. We had a party on the 17th because everyone was in town that day. I had decided I would make a train cake since Cynthia has a mold, but I forgot to ask her to bring it, but then I had my mind set on it, so I looked them up online and figured out how to make one. It took a while, but it was fun! I forgot to cut the corners off of the engine and give it a grill, but didn't realize that until it was all done. The one I saw online had candy in the cars, but I decided to use fruit since Thomas loves fruit. It turned out cute and yummy.

Thomas blew his candles out all by himself this year. At first, he was blowing, but they weren't going out, so I gave him a little boost and out they went.
Thomas got lots of very exciting presents this year. A couple of weeks before his birthday he found one of them in the garage. It was a MegaBloks fire engine. Then, a few days before his party we decided to give him part of one of his other presents. Here's why...We are working on building a fence and Thomas has loved to "help." His favorite thing is daddy's drill. Well, he dropped it one too many times and jammed it. Luckily, after a lot of effort we fixed it, but decided to get the

drill out of the toy tool set we had bought for him. He got the rest of the set on his birthday. Though it didn't keep him for wanting daddy's drill, it did help a lot. When he opened the tools at his party the first thing he did was get the hammer out and go hit it against the fence.
Aunt Cynthia got him a bubble mower which he calls a "mau mau". He took it everywhere with him for a few days. He now parks it next to daddy's in the garage. Grandma and Grandpa got him a wooden toy train set. He was very excited and wants to play with it first thing every morning.

An'mere got him a tricycle which he is learning to ride. He can't push the pedals by himself yet, but he's working on it. We also gave him a play kitchen (which my friend Amy gave us) and some play food. His Aunt Ruby Rae gave him a hot wheels car holder with a little road on it. Everything he got was a hit!
David and Thomas were supposed to be at the Fathers and Sons' Campout for our stake on Friday night and Saturday, but it was canceled because of storms. Instead, we went and spent his real birthday with An'mere (since it is her birthday, too).

An'mere is one of his favorite people. It's just like he knows they have a special bond (since he was born on her 80th birthday). At 82 she got down on the floor with him and played cars. She is an amazing woman and he loves her.
No comments:
Post a Comment