Thursday, September 16, 2010


Thomas is helping daddy measure the deck.


Thomas loves going down slides on his tummy.


Thomas love to have Daddy chase him everywhere, especially at the park. He runs around laughing his head off.


Thomas and Mommy enjoying a BYU football game together at An'mere's house.

The craziness isn't so bad. I am enjoying teaching Spanish in the mornings at the Charter School. The students are pretty well behaved and I am getting into the swing of things. Thomas still doesn't like the idea of mommy leaving him, but he deals with it. Babysitting is going well. I am enjoying tutoring Alisha. It is a good review for me of World History. The afternoons can be a bit busy, but the baby is usually asleep and that helps. I had my first Spanish class at my house on Tuesday and it went well. I am doing complete Spanish immersion (except a minute here or there to explain something they have to understand, like directions). It went well, but I had a hard time getting the students to speak in Spanish (even things they already know, like the numbers). I am going to start a reward system where they get some kind of token every time they speak Spanish and then have a store once a month or so.

Through it all we make time to have fun and be together as a family. We are very excited that it is once again college football season! We like to watch the BYU and Arkansas games or whatever other good games we can find when there is time. We were a little disappointed with BYU last week, but hopefully it is all up from here. We also like to go on walks. Sometimes those walks are to the park near our house. On Monday when we went Thomas got so excited the minute he could see the park, that he was practically jumping out of his stroller until we actually got there. Mostly he likes daddy to chase him around and he likes the slides.

We have a little over three months left until we get to welcome another bundle of joy into our home. People are starting to tell me, "Wow, you actually look pregnant now." I am feeling good although I do get pretty tried in the middle of the day, but I just have to find a few minutes of peace and rest which I usually manage to do.

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of them running, and the one where you're watching the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas is getting so big! He looks like he is such a fun boy, I wish we lived closer so I could play with him in person. I also am super impressed with how much you do in one day! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete