Friday, March 6, 2015

First Date

David and I went on our first date 10 years ago, Wednesday, March 4, 2005.  Did I remember?  Of course not, but David did and he set up a miniature golf course in our house to commemorate that date.  He and Thomas made me stay downstairs while they set it up and then made me walk up the stairs with my eyes closed.  He had Thomas help him make signs for each hole and put tape where to start.  He made golf clubs out of dowels and scraps of wood.  The "holes" were paper plates with a notch cut out.  One hole was hitting the ball down the slide and another hitting it down the stairs.  He even made a scorecard.  The kids played with us (well Thomas is the only one who played all 9 holes).  David won, but we looked back at our scorecard from the original date and I won that day.  David even bought ice cream for us to have that night since we went to the Creamery after mini golf on our first date.  After that we watched Aladdin at his apartment.  It was my copy and I still have it, so I put it on Wednesday as well and we watched it while I nursed my newborn baby.  It was perfect!  I love having a creative husband.






No comments:

Post a Comment